Spring is in full bloom and so is allergy season. Taking the below measures will help reduce allergens in your workplace:
- Control dust mites by keeping surfaces clean and uncluttered. Bare floors and walls are best, but if your facility has carpet, have it professionally cleaned often as this removes allergens deep within the carpet.
- Vacuum once or twice weekly to keep allergens to a minimum.
- Prevent entry of pollen by keeping windows and doors closed.
- Avoid mold spores to reduce moisture around bathrooms, kitchen, and other areas with water.
- Prevent animal danger by keeping pet visits to a minimum (8% of employers allow pets at work). Animal dander is a significant trigger to those affected by allergies.